The background for this web site is from an old parchment from the Grand Lodge of Quebec from 1916. The section shown represents a small area of about 6" wide and the entire parchment was approximately 30" by 24"
By 1907 Lonsdale, and its immediate surroundings, incorporated to become the City of North Vancouver.
The streetcars first arrived in North Vancouver in 1906, and by 1908 they extended as far as Grand Boulevard and Lynn Valley.
The Lonsdale Avenue streetcar conductors lived through a few hair raising adventures, as occasionally the brakes would fail on the steep descent and allowed the cars to hurl themselves into the water of the inlet at the bottom of Lonsdale ...